The dog woke up the owner to warn about the danger

Residents of Iowa, USA, woke up at night after hearing their dog worried. It barked and behaved strangely, which was not characteristic of it, and the owner immediately realized that something was wrong here. It turns out that no one heard that the gas alarm was squealing in the house.


At night, a resident of Iowa, USA, woke up from the strange behavior of his dog. A dog named Roxy barked and jumped on the owner’s bed, which was very unusual for it. The man immediately realized that the animal was clearly trying to say something – and he heard the faint sounds of a gas alarm.

After the owner jumped up and ran to check the alarm, the dog started scratching at his son’s door to wake him up too. The owner of the house, Brad Harbert, thought it was a smoke alarm, but it turns out it was the sound of a carbon monoxide detector – there was active carbon monoxide in the house.

The man immediately took his son, father and dog outside and called the rescuers. Firefighters did not immediately establish the source of the problem – it turned out that the whole thing was in a gas fireplace that stands in the family’s hallway. But the main thing is that everyone was safe and avoided the sad consequences – thanks to the hero dog.

“Usually our Roxy doesn’t bark or howl. This time we were amazed by its actions, despite the excitement. We are happy that we have Roxy. It is a very special dog,” said the owner.

Like this post? Please share to your friends: