Fran Jenkins thought her pet named Trevor was gaining weight. However, a little later, it began to literally inflate, and the miniature dachshund turned into a barrel on short legs.
This alarmed the owner and brought the pet to the veterinary clinic, but even the experts were puzzled, for they were facing such a phenomenon for the first time.
Trevor was already breathing hard due to bloating and the vets realized that the problem was quite serious. So they decided to leave the dog at the clinic for a more thorough examination.
It was necessary to find out the reason and the way in which the air entered his body. An additional examination showed that Trevor had a trachea injury: there was a small hole in it. After each breath the air entered the abdominal region, which is why there was bloating.
Veterinarians were glad they managed to solve this puzzle cope with everything successfully. Trevor was operated on and the air was removed from the abdominal cavity.
After all this, the dog went back to its normal size, and when the effect of the anesthetics faded away, it began to feel much better and a smile appeared on its satisfied muzzle.